Monday, 25 October 2010

Yearly update!

Just remembered about this thing and thought I might attempt to give it another go, seeing as I am yet again finding any source of procrastination.

Well i suppose a wee update is in order. I am now in Liverpool, studying for an MRes, pretty much biding my time in joining the graduate job market! Which is looking bleak as ever. But yeah here I am, getting accustomed and acquainted with a new city. Been rather busy since I got here (in my 5th week now) joined the surf club and went to Newquay which was an amazing experience

Stayed in a great wee hostel that the club uses regularly was really nice and laid back, only downside was a lock on the doors, wasn't an issue when traveling with a large group but still. Best thing about this place too is the sauna in the kit room, which will be getting used more and more as the weather gets colder I'm sure!

Unfortunately I didn't really bring my camera out with me, hand my phone at least thankfully, which takes pretty good picture, with the help of the odd app here and there :). This is really the only one I took of the area (Think this is Towan Beach) .

So other than traveling down south, I also found time to venture up to Newcastle and stayed with some family friends just by Hadrians wall, really in the middle of nowhere! had an interesting meal at a local pub, was a bit of a league of gentlemen moment, us being not local!

Then there is Liverpool itself, with my new handy photo app, I may try to take some more photos of the city. So far I only have these two, one of a bombed out church (WW2) and the other of one of the Lion statues in chinatown.



No comments:

Post a Comment